Life lessons are everywhere, even in the Wasteland.
Mad Max Fury Road cleaned up at the Oscars on Sunday, winning six Academy Awards. So, of course, I had to watch the movie again. This time through, I thought beyond the plot, beyond the subtext, into the deeper meaning behind those iconic lines.
Here are ten life lessons that I learned from Mad Max Fury Road, that we can all use to make every day more shiny and chrome.
10. Get your rest. If you go to bed at 2:00, you’ll be wrecked for work the next day.
9. Someone’s always wrong on the internet. Don’t waste your time.
8. Know your goals. If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll never arrive.
7. Don’t settle.
6. Don’t waste your effort. If someone didn’t listen to you the first time, he won’t listen to you the second or third time, either.
5. Tell your friends about your achievements. They want to be happy for you!
4. Standing your ground isn’t always the best course. Sometimes, you gotta get the hell out.
3. Never leave your friends behind.
2. Everyone you meet is a human being, and worthy of respect.
1. There’s always something to be thankful for, even when you’re driving into a fire tornado.
[Photo credits: Warner Brothers/Village Roadshow pictures]